Today I’m speaking to Julie Morgenstern, who is the author of five books including the New York Times bestsellers Organizing from the Inside Out and Time Management from the Inside Out.
We’re going to drill down into the topic of parenting, and ways you can organize your life to bring out the best in your child AND in yourself. We get into a framework she’s developed to do this from her new book, Time to Parent, and you know how we love frameworks here on the Productivity Show.
Thanks to Grammarly for supporting The Productivity Show. Grammarly is offering our listeners 20% off a Grammarly Premium account. To sign up, go to Grammarly.com/TPS.
- Why it’s never too late to hit reset on your relationship with you and your kids [2:53]
- What Julie calls the PART framework, and how it helps streamline the relationship between you and your child [8:18]
- What the SELF framework does to prioritize your own self-care [14:34]
- How Julie recommends you use the frameworks, and what she warns against [19:02]
- The reasons why parents who were productive before being a parent often lose their momentum [22:18]
- What children need to feel loved and secure according to science [27:16]
- The five anchors in your kid’s day to help you plan your day [31:51]
- Who is in charge of running the family and how to empower everyone to help [37:18]
- How to deal with the curveballs life throws at you to stick to your goals [43:33]
- The big takeaways you can get from Julie’s book, Time To Parent [47:03]
- Time to Parent: Organizing Your Life to Bring Out the Best in Your Child and You
- Organizing from the Inside Out, Second Edition: The Foolproof System For Organizing Your Home, Your Office and Your Life
- Time Management from the Inside Out, Second Edition: The Foolproof System for Taking Control of Your Schedule — and Your Life
Connect with Julie Morgenstern
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.