Today’s episode was inspired by feedback from a listener:
“My only feedback would be that the barrier to entry might be a little high, particularly for people who are already efficient and motivated but not bought in.”
It made us realize we all know people like that: people who maybe could benefit at least SOME productivity advice, but are generally skeptical of the whole “productivity thing”
So we decided to do an episode on the advice we would give to the “productivity skeptic”
Maybe the person in your life needs a lot of productivity help, but you’ve never been able to breakthrough.
Or maybe they are generally pretty efficient or organized, but you see some opportunities to get even better.
Or maybe that person is YOU – you’re skeptical of most productivity advice, or you’ve tried things over the years but nothing has ever stuck.
Go to Shopify.com/tps for a FREE fourteen-day trial and get full access to Shopify’s entire suite of features.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/391.
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [3:01]
- What is Brooks’ tip for the productivity skeptic? [11:00]
- What should you do if you simply cannot do everything you need to do at any given moment? [14:11]
- What is the final tip for the productivity skeptic? [20:06]
- Action step to integrate today’s topic into your life [23:24]
- Book: Four Thousand Weeks, by Oliver Burkeman
- Book: The 40-Hour Work Year, by Scott Fritz
- RISE Sleep App
- Why Pursuing the Work-Life Balance Myth is Hurting Your Productivity (TPS139)
- TEA Framework
- Productivity Academy
- Become a member of TPS+
- Take the Productivity Quiz
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast, or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!